onabookbender

Amanda Shofner

Grand Mistress of On a Book Bender. On the path of least revision. Wine supplier for grammar pain sufferers. #BecauseWine. Idea wrangler. Wielder of words. Black coffee drinker.

Amaryllis
Jayne Castle
Rampant
Diana Peterfreund
Bad Behavior
Jennifer Lane
The False Prince
Jennifer A. Nielsen
Light of the Moon (Legend of the Dreamer, Book 1)
David James
Amaryllis (St. Helen's Series #1)
A Test of Mettle (The Iron Druid Chronicles #3.5) - Kevin Hearne Though A Test of Mettle is listed as 3.5 in this series, it can be read after Tricked (as I did) without issue. In fact, there were references to what happened to Granuaile (i.e., the events of A Test of Mettle) in Tricked, and it only served to pique my interest in this short story. And you should read it, too!I think one thing that I appreciate about this story--and Kevin Hearne's writing ability in general--is that it has a different feel and tone than the stories that Atticus narrates. It made Granuaile more of her own person. At the same time, we still get the same Oberon. (Yes, Oberon!) We still get the same world. Just...Granuaile as Granuaile. Good stuff.A Test of Mettle clocks in at about 10 pages. Not a lot, but it serves its purpose well. If you're already invested in the Iron Druid Chronicles, this is a short story you won't want to miss.A Test of Mettle was a free short story I downloaded from Kevin Hearne's website on January 22, 2013 for the Why Buy the Cow? reading challenge.