onabookbender

Amanda Shofner

Grand Mistress of On a Book Bender. On the path of least revision. Wine supplier for grammar pain sufferers. #BecauseWine. Idea wrangler. Wielder of words. Black coffee drinker.

Amaryllis
Jayne Castle
Rampant
Diana Peterfreund
Bad Behavior
Jennifer Lane
The False Prince
Jennifer A. Nielsen
Light of the Moon (Legend of the Dreamer, Book 1)
David James
Amaryllis (St. Helen's Series #1)

Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter Series Prequel)

Fantasy Lover (Dark-Hunter Series Prequel) - Actual rating: 3.5I was really very curious about how this ‘little’ curse would be broken. It didn’t seem possible. I enjoyed Sherrilyn Kenyon’s writing style (other than the constant reference to Julian smelling like sandalwood which I found a little distracting for whatever reason) and how we came to know Julian as a man at the same time as Grace. His character seemed to unfold across the pages, and I found him to be far more interesting and complex than Grace (though I liked her just fine). This was a quick read, but it never felt rushed. In fact, I think that because there was a set limit to the amount of time Julian was allowed out of his book (a month), it lent itself to a more realistic time frame to fall in love (opposed to a few days or a couple weeks in some books).Read full review here.