onabookbender

Amanda Shofner

Grand Mistress of On a Book Bender. On the path of least revision. Wine supplier for grammar pain sufferers. #BecauseWine. Idea wrangler. Wielder of words. Black coffee drinker.

Amaryllis
Jayne Castle
Rampant
Diana Peterfreund
Bad Behavior
Jennifer Lane
The False Prince
Jennifer A. Nielsen
Light of the Moon (Legend of the Dreamer, Book 1)
David James
Amaryllis (St. Helen's Series #1)

The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey, #2)

The Iron Daughter (Iron Fey, #2) - Julie Kagawa Actual rating: 3.5Original review: http://onabookbender.com/2011/09/09/review-the-iron-daughter-by-julie-kagawa/Fair warning: I hate love triangles. Abhor them. The only love triangle I only kind of but not really supported was the love triangle in The Mortal Instruments series because I understood the necessity of it. The love triangle in The Iron Daughter had me wanting to bang my head on my desk, and what started off as heart-warming and romantic moments were completely and utterly ruined by the love triangle rearing its ugly head. You know why I hate love triangles? Because I always know exactly who I want, and I get pissed off when anything interferes with getting what — who, rather — I want. So, I was not happy with this book, and I was ready to rate The Iron Daughter a solid B…until I read the ending. That got it a + plus from me, but that’s it. No more! I cannot condone the use of love triangles.I find that, although this series is incredibly fascinating and it certainly pulls me in, it is predictable at times. Predictable as in I know how the characters (vagueness included lest I spoil it by saying who) will get out of dire situations before they do. It’s obvious. And it’s not even explained or even explored why it is the way that it is. Neither are Meghan’s fey powers, really. I’m definitely an information whore, and I wished this aspect was somehow touched on rather than simply accepting its existence (or lack thereof).Other than all that, The Iron Daughter was an engrossing read, and I am interested to see where Julie Kagawa takes the characters next.