onabookbender

Amanda Shofner

Grand Mistress of On a Book Bender. On the path of least revision. Wine supplier for grammar pain sufferers. #BecauseWine. Idea wrangler. Wielder of words. Black coffee drinker.

Amaryllis
Jayne Castle
Rampant
Diana Peterfreund
Bad Behavior
Jennifer Lane
The False Prince
Jennifer A. Nielsen
Light of the Moon (Legend of the Dreamer, Book 1)
David James
Amaryllis (St. Helen's Series #1)

The Witch of Duva: A Tor.Com Original

The Witch of Duva (The Grischa, #0.5) - Leigh Bardugo The Witch of Duva made me want to pull out Shadow and Bone to re-read–even though the two stories only have the world in common. I’d forgotten how much I adore this world and Leigh Bardugo’s storytelling.This was a fun little short story that requires no background knowledge of the Grisha world. It’s a decent introduction the world and writing style. Yet, at the same time, it provides a good bridge for people wanting to revisit Shadow and Bone before book two. (*points to self*)The Witch of Duva is a creepy, creepy story. Nothing is as you think. NOTHING! I was pleasantly surprised by the depth of this story. When stories are this short, it’s often difficult to tell a good, solid story, but Leigh Bardugo manages to make it look easy.The Witch of Duva was a free short story I read on Tor.com on January 29th, 2013 for the Why Buy the Cow? reading challenge.